Get a FREE Commercial Vehicle Insurance Quote Online
To protect the company that you have built up, you have to make sure you have the right protection. If you operate vehicles for business use, then you need to make sure you have commercial car insurance. If you use personal cars or trucks for company purposes, your normal automobile policy will not provide protection, so you will need a commercial policy.
Having the right business coverage in place is a vital part of making sure that your company is protected against any future liabilities it may face. This means spending a little time right now to line up the right policies. After all, you cannot get coverage after the fact, so make sure that you have the right protection today to guard against tomorrow’s liabilities. Spending a little time now may prevent huge headaches later!
The best place to get a commercial auto insurance quote, as well other types of business coverage quotes, is US Insurance Online, the leading online insurance aggregator service. With US Insurance Online you complete a simple online form and receive a competitive quote from multiple companies. Whether you need a commercial auto quote, a general liability policy, or some other type of specialized plan, visit US Insurance Online today and request your free quotes online.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance Coverage
Commercial auto insurance companies offer a variety of coverages in a typical policy, all designed to protect against liabilities that may occur during the operation of a company car or truck. Some of the coverage includes the following:
- Medical Payments – The medical bills of the driver and occupants of a covered commercial vehicle are paid through the medical payments portion of your policy. Medical payments cover injuries to those inside the covered motor vehicle, not third parties outside of the insured car.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – When another driver causes an accident that your insured vehicle is involved in, but they either have no insurance, or not enough coverage, the uninsured, or underinsured, portion of your policy kicks in. While most, if not all, states require car owners to carry at least a minimum level of coverage, some drivers choose not to follow the law, or don’t carry sufficient policy limits to pay for all damages when they cause an accident.
- Liability Insurance – In the case of the driver of your business car being at fault and causing damage to another person’s property, or causing bodily injury to someone, the liability section of your commercial policy is used. Liability coverage provides protection to those outside of the covered vehicle, while medical payment coverage is for those inside the covered vehicle.
- Physical Damage – Physical damage comes into play when a covered company vehicle is damaged in an accident. It also pays out for damage caused by flood, wind, theft, and fire. There are two types of physical damage coverage – comprehensive and collision. See your policy for further details, or talk to your insurance agent.
See the below table to learn more about what coverages are available with the typical commercial vehicle insurance policy (Wikipedia definition). The table also shows which are first party coverages, and which are third party coverages.
Depending on what type of company you have, you may need optional endorsements added to your commercial automobile insurance policy. Every situation is different because different companies operate their vehicles for different purposes. A knowledgeable agent will walk you through your options to ensure that the motor vehicles your company operates are covered with the right types of endorsements.
Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes
Shopping for a commercial auto policy has never been easier than using US Insurance Online. From the comforts of your office desk, you can complete a secure online form and get back a cheap commercial vehicle insurance quote from multiple providers, allowing you to compare who has the best rates and coverages for your vehicles.
Through US Insurance Online’s secure online interface, you are also able to request other types of business insurance quotes. Now is a great time to ensure that your small business has the right types of commercial protection in place. Finding out that you don’t have the right type of coverage when an incident occurs is not a good thing, so take some time today to review your policy requirements so that you don’t have any surprises down the road.
Receive FREE, no-obligation commercial auto insurance quotes, from US Insurance Online today!
* First Party Coverage – Coverage for the persons and vehicles named on the policy, as well as any occupants of the insured vehicle at the time of the accident.
** Third Party Coverage – Coverage for injury or damage to individuals, vehicles, or property, caused by the insured (first party).
FYI: The second party, in terms of a business auto insurance policy, is the company that issues the coverage (the insurance company). Therefore, the first party purchases a policy from the second party to provide coverage for damages to the third party (as well as the first party as outlined above).
Need other coverage? Get a brief explanation of various business insurance types to see what else is available.